Cables can be found all over the UK, which is why cable recycling is one of the most popular processes we carry out. If you’re looking for the best scrap cable prices, you’ve come to the right place.
At Hawkeswood Metal Recycling, we believe in giving our customers the very best prices available on the day you request a quote. If you’ve got scrap cables lying around, bring them to us for pricing.
WHY CHOOSE HAWKESWOOD METAL RECYCLING?
- We’re as green as they come. We’re fully accredited with both the ISO 14001. We’re also fully licensed by The Environment Agency.
- We’re fully certified. We’re both an approved CHAS (Contractors Health and Safety Scheme) provider and compliant with the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013.
- We’re cutting edge. Our scrap metal recycling centres use only the latest processing technology for both ferrous and non-ferrous metals. We’re the best in the business.
RECYCLING USED CABLES – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Cables can contain a number of different metals. Copper is the most common, but aluminium and steel are also frequently used. It can depend on the environment in which they’re used, due to rust or corrosion risks. Copper is typically the more expensive.
The cable recycling process is as follows:
- The cables are sorted into their individual grades, and then weighed in order to determine the precise metal content.
- The grades of cables are then pre-shredded.
- The shredded plastic and copper is processed and granulated a number of times, and then separated using a waterbed system.
- Any plastics are dealt with in a specialist plastic recycling centre, and the metals are recycled as standard.
There is a range of different cable types out there, including (but by no means limited to):
- Household cable
- Tinned copper cable
- ACSR aluminium cable
- Lead armoured copper cable
- Data cable
- Coax cable